John Carrington was from Wethersfield, Connecticut. Born in 1602 England and hanged 6 March 1650 in Waterbury, CT, along with his second wife, Joanne.
42years before Salem started their trials!
John was one of two men charged with and hanged for Witchcraft — all this crap because he married a witch! (Stupid — sorry, not a very professional opinion; but, I am not referring to John’s marriage, just the kangaroo court proceedings, etc. I am surprised that no one thought of a more sutle way of breaking up the marriage, when you don’t approve of your future in-laws — and very thankful modern society has not attempted such crazed accusations since!).
In order to find John, I had to go through ten generations of his descendants through son, John II (from first marriage), finding:
- four (4) proven DAR Patriots,
- the mentor of General George Armstrong Custer (General Alfred TERRY),
- another Blacksheep (General Benedict Arnold)
- a possible United Empire Loyalist , and
- shared ancestry with four (4) former U.S. Presidents (*shudder* this one’s REALLY scary; it’s no wonder I can’t sleep at night)