PLEASE NOTE: Your Majesty, #PirateQueen, this submission is also in regards to “#genchat homework” about citations 😛 And, no, it isn’t late, it’s detailed!
BLUE is DAR PATRIOTs
John CARRINGTON resided in Farmington, Hartford County, Connecticut (on Sandy Lane near the corner of Fort Street) with his second wife, Joan(ne) — some resources list her as “Joan,” while others list her as “Joanne” (unknown maiden name).
Their property was bordered by a highway (to the North), “a common” (to the East) and swamp lands (to the South and West) *1*
- *1* Deed dated 03-08-1647 Wethersfield-Hartford County, Connecticut
Then, in March 1651, John and Joan were convicted of “witchery,” found guilty and executed! This occurred 41 years BEFORE the Salem Witch Trials of 1692.
FIRST GENERATION (Farmington, Hartford Co, CT): John CARRINGTON & (unknown first wife)
SECOND GENERATION(Farmington, Hartford Co, CT): John CARRINGTON II 1640-1690 & Sarah (CLARK) born-died
THIRD GENERATION: Hannah (CARRINGTON) 1675-1707/8 & (Ensign) Joshua HOLCOMBE II 1672-1728
FOURTH(Hartford Co, CT): Joshua HOLCOMBE III 1697- & Mary (GRIFFITH) 1697/9-died
FIFTH (Hartford Co, CT): (CAPTAIN) HEZEKIAH HOLCOMBE** 1726-1794 & SUSANNAH (ALDERMAN) 1723-1814
- DAR Patriot Lookup: Ref Code RXJJFZZK 08 OCT 2004; Marilyn, Patriot Lookup Volunteer.
SIXTH (Granby, Hartford Co, CT): Hezekiah HOLCOMBE II, SAR 1750-1820 & Chloe (PINNEY), DAR 1750-1787; daughter of (Captain) Abraham PINNEY** 1709-1780; mother, Elizabeth (BUTLER) 1709-1760
- DAR Patriot Lookup: Ref Code RXJXXPXK 19 SEP 2004; Margaret, Patriot Lookup Volunteer.
SEVENTH (Hartford Co, CT): Aurelia (HOLCOMBE), DAR 1776-1851 & Grove Caitlin HOLCOMBE, SAR 1769-1808 (cousins); son of Benajah HOLCOMBE III 1741-1834 & Hulda (POST) 1749-died; and grandson of Judah HOLCOMBE Snr** 1706/7-1802 & Hannah (BUTTOLPH) 1711-1765
- DAR Patriot Lookup: Ref Code RXXPTJZK 15 APR 2004; Heather, Patriot Lookup Volunteer.
EIGHTH (Welland Co, ONTARIO): Drayton B. HOLCOMBE, SAR 1796-1887 & Keturah (SKINNER), DAR 1799-1846; daughter of (Private) Daniel SKINNER** 1748-1846; mother, Mary (SMITH) 1755-1846
- DAR Patriot Lookup: Ref Code RXJYXTBK 21 OCT 2004; Marilyn, Patriot Lookup Volunteer.
- (proof) Historical Atlas of Welland County, Ontario (1876): List of emigrants extracted; National Library of Canada; ref G1148 L5 P3, page 88, lists Drayton as a native of Connecticut.
- (proof) biography (D. HOLCOMB), Rootsweb.com, online <~onniagar/welland/pelham/pelham_bios.htm> (31 AUG 2004); lists Keturah as wife of Drayton, and as daughter of Daniel and Mary.
- (proof) 1871 Canadian Census, Pelham, Monck, Ontario, Enumeration District [ED] 018 (Monck), Sub-district F (Pelham), Division: 1, page 4, “Dratin” HOLCOMB; National Archives of Canada microfilm C-9918-9; (Ref: RG31 – Statistics Canada).
- (proof) Mrs. Huldah (SKINNER) CURRENT obituary, Welland Tribune (Welland, ON), 27 APR 1883, page 7, Genealogy.com, online <http://www.genealogyboard.com/skinner/messages/3900.html > ; lists Daniel as father of Huldah, sister of Keturah
NINTH (Welland Co, ON): Susan(nah) Keturah (HOLCOMBE), DAR 1832-died & David W. HORTON, 1827-1895
- (proof) David W. HORTON death notice, Simcoe Reformer (Simcoe, ON), 26 SEP 1895, page unkn, column unkn; “died at residence of Thos. JACKSON.”
- (proof) biography (D.W. HORTON), Rootsweb.com. Online <~onniagar/welland/pelham/pelham_bios.htm> (31 AUG 2004); lists David as husband of Susannah and father of William
- (proof) 1871 Canadian Census, Pelham, Monck, Ontario, Enumeration District [ED] 018 (Monck), Sub-district F (Pelham), Division: 1, page 32, David HORTON; National Archives of Canada microfilm C-9918-9; (Ref: RG31 – Statistics Canada)
- (proof) Ontario Cemetery Finding Aid [website], online (downloaded 30JAN2006), lists burial for David W. Horton & Susanna K. (Holcomb) Horton, North Pelham First Presbyterian Church, Welland CO, Pelham TP, ref:NA-W-4655
- (proof) Canadian Immigrant Records [database], Part One; Records of Immigrants to Canada, Ancestry.com, online, 1999; lists “Susannah” as daughter of Drayton and Keturah.
- (proof) 1901 Canadian Census, Schedule 1, Pelham, Monck, Ontario, Enumeration District [ED] 14, Sub-District G (Pelham), page 32, family 169, Wilham W. HOLCOMB household; National Archives Canada microfilm C-13254 (FHL#1375890); <http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=filmhitlist&columns=*%2C180%2C0&filmno=1375890> (downloaded 14 JUL 2005); lists Drayton as father of Wilham W. HOLCOMB, brother of “Susannah”
Of course, the following is vague, for obvious reasons:
TENTH (Niagara Co, ON): William Grove Laverne HORTON, SAR 1856-died & Almira Roxanna (HAGER) 1855-died
ELEVENTH (ONTARIO): HORTON, SAR & (wife)
TWELFTH (ONTARIO): (HORTON), DAR & husband (my late in-laws)
THIRTEENTH (ONTARIO): (first wife), DAR & me
FOURTEENTH (ALBERTA): “Junior,” SAR
My eldest son, “Junior” is John’s eleven-times great grandson.